Rethink Team Purpose and Vision Statement
Our purpose as the Kingsport District Rethink Team is to enable, empower and energize congregational rethinking and practices of making disciples, transforming lives, reaching the marginalized and fostering the connectionalism of the United Methodist Church.
As the Strategic and Tactical team responsible for the Kingsport District’s design and execution of making disciples and caring for the least and last of our respective communities, the team reports and responds to the leadership of the District Superintendent with the specific intention of allowing the DS the ability to lead in an executive manner rather than “in the trenches”, hence allowing visionary direction and orientation for the District.
Our vision for the Kingsport District encompasses:
- Intentional Intercessory Prayer
- Offering authentic and inspiring worship, and discipleship experiences that increase faith and spiritual growth to all people.
- Invite, train, and teach laity how to move from service to discipling ministries. Move people from a focus on membership to discipleship.
- Reaching all generations for Christ by intentionally welcoming children, youth, young adults, families, singles and older adults to the church.
- Becoming a more visible, vital and inclusive presence for Jesus Christ in the Northeast Tennessee region.
- Investing all our resources (spiritual gifts and talents, property, facilities, staff, and monies) to the fullest effect for Christ.
- Creating accountability within our clergy members of the call to make disciples and serve socially.
- Measuring and reporting in a timely and effective manner the vital measures of our strategic plan on a district, church and individual level.
Photo by Rick Camacho